Top Kitchen Features for 2018
With 2018 upon us, this is a time when many homeowners reflect on what they want to accomplish in the coming year. For some that means, finally giving their home a facelift. Whether your kitchen hasn’t seen any renovations in decades or you are just looking for a fresh look, you may want to consider one of the top kitchen features for 2018.
- Quartz Countertops. The trend for high-end quartz countertops continues. Quartz is a very durable material, making it ideal for the wear and tear of everyday use in the kitchen. Today’s quartz countertops are available in a wide variety of colors, including realistic stone designs.
- Storage, storage, storage. Homeowners are becoming more innovative in finding new areas for storage in the kitchen. Some selections are roll-out trays or pull-out drawers. Modify your existing shelves and cabinets to better accommodate your family’s needs in 2018.
- Ceramic Flooring. After years of homeowners requesting hardwood flooring throughout the home, including the kitchen, ceramic is making a comeback. Ceramic tiles are now available in designs that look nearly identical to hardwood, without causing a risk of water damage in the kitchen.
- Multi-purpose Islands. The kitchen island continues to be a popular focal point for homeowners. In the coming year, islands will offer even more versatility with cabinets for additional storage, and even under-counter appliances.
- White Cabinetry. The trend towards white cabinetry will continue into 2018 and beyond. White cabinets create a bright, open space in the kitchen, allowing the homeowner to add fun accents of color in other areas.
Whether you are interested in following the 2018 trends in kitchen remodeling or have a vision of your own, HandyPro’s professional tradesmen can turn your dream into a reality